September 23, 2006

Kate Moss for Topshop


Kate Moss is one of the most beautiful "IT" girl ever grace the fashion world. I used to envy her to bits when she was dating Johnny Depp back in the 90s. In fact, I secretly hated her for breaking up the "Winona & Johnny" dream team. Anyway, we grow up and move on. Despite the drug fiasco, Kate has scored herself a record of 18 ad campaigns - you go, girl! I mean you buy any fashion magazines and you're bound to catch her in 5 ads or more - ranging from Louis Vuitton, Long Champ, CK Jeans, David Yurman, Burberry, Versace, Bvlgari to Christian Dior and the list goes on.

Now, she will be designing her own range of chic clothing for Topshop which will be launched next Spring. “We wanted to work with Kate because she has style and she has taste. I think everyone knows this and I think most people think it’s a smart idea,” Topshop’s owner Phillip Green told FWD on Wednesday.

"I have always been a big fan of Topshop and regularly shop there. I love what they stand for and am very excited at the thought of working with them. It's going to be great fun," Moss said a statement. Kate has proved more influential than many designers today. What she is wearing often becomes a huge trend for girls in their teens and women in their twenties and fashion editors on both sides of the Atlantic have credited her with sparking the return to fashion of skinny jeans, mini-dresses and hot-pants.


You know what. I'm actually excited about being blown away by her collection. I admire her greatly (I even buy magazines because I see Kate on the cover. Sssh.) and I believe Topshop is gonna make a helluva *ka-ching* from this deal. I hate you, Phillip Green for making us poor. Time to save up, girls.

2 comments:

lavender said...

Wow..just discover this blog. Very cool and informative. Check out mine too when u are free. http://beads-of-lav.blogspot.com/

ingenue said...

Hmm, nice crafty jewelleries! Our local designers are getting wild these days with beads and baubles. Keep it up and continue popping by!