May 12, 2007

Fashionista Diaries

When I used to work in Hollywood, It was the beginning of the reality TV show frenzy and my ex-boss used to say that our lives were so crazy (we did entertainment publicity for mostly hip hop artists and urban fashion clients) that we should have our own reality TV show. Her dreams migt not have come true but I think that this new reality TV series Fashionista Diaries will be a pretty good reflection of what went on behind the scenes in our lives back then.
According to TV Week,
"The Fashionista Diaries" will follow six new assistants as they try to put together a fashion show and after-party for New York's Fashion Week. They work for Flirt Cosmetics, Jane magazine and Seventh House PR (two at each) and will try not to get fired as the series goes on.


Fabsugar states that It will chronicle the lives of six fashion assistants given the not-so-glamorous task of putting together the fashion show and after party for Charlotte Ronson during last Fall's New York Fashion Week in September.

Awww, reminds me of the days where I used to have to work crazy hours, parley crazy requests of celebrities to other people, buy sandwiches or sushi as requested while trying to make everything look chic at the fashion shows. lol.

Charlotte Ronson's Spring 2007 collection seems pretty cute though, so I'm sure we will get to see fabulous clothes on the show. Check out her website.

I can't wait to watch this show (it will premiere in the U.S on Soapnet in July) to see how other fashionistas handle this! Fellow fashionistas, I will try to bring you recaps of the show, if I ever get to see it!

Source: Fabsugar, TV Week